Strada Mănăstirilor, 617500, Romania
Sihăstria Monastery is located in the northern part of Neamț county, approximately 22 km from Târgu-Neamț.
The first foundation took place in 1655 by Metropolitan Varlaam Motoc, being carried out by the hermit Atanasie together with seven of his disciples. The church was destroyed over time and rebuilt in 1734, when Bishop Ghedeon of Roman rebuilt it in stone, on the site of the old one. In 1821 it was burned by the Turks and was rebuilt in 1824, with the support of Metropolitan Veniamin Costachi.
The monastery attracted visitors from all over Romania who came to Father Archimandrite Cleopa, who was and is one of the most appreciated Romanian priests of all time. He died in 1998 leaving 16 volumes of teachings in a collection entitled "Father Cleopa is speaking to us". His tomb is in the premises of the Sihăstria Monastery and can be visited, next to the hermitage of Saint Cleopa.