Bistriţa Monastery located in village Bistriţa was built before year 1407 by ruler Alexandru cel Bun of Moldova (1400-1432), that also had endowed with villages, estates and expensive scents.
In year 1498, Ştefan the Great built a bell tower. In year 1546, Petru Rareş had restored the monastery and built a surrounding wall.
In year 1554 Alexandru Lăpuşneanu had completely restored the monastery.
In year 1418 is buried at Bistriţa Monastery Lady Ana (Neacşa) and beside her, in year 1432, is buried the ruler Alexandru cel Bun.