Places

No results found ...

You could try to change your filters to find more results.

5.0 1 review
Built in 1929, in the center of the city of Piatra-Neamț, and registered in the National Heritage list, the beautiful building of the Military Center is known among the residents of Piatra as the "Gendarmerie". In the past, the location served the two institutions. Unfortunately, it is currently unused and in an advanced process of degradation. But even so, many details can still be admired on the main facade and the street facade.
Strada Petru Rareș 1, Piatra Neamț, Romania
3.71 7 reviews
The Circle of Housewives is the oldest restaurant in Piatra-Neamț and one of the places with the most beautiful view of the city. BRIEF HISTORY FROM THE HOSTS "...The worse war was over: Great Romania was born! The men had amply proved their bravery; and women - skill. They had replaced the departed as soldiers in everything; they had become exceptional sisters of charity at the front, in the hospitals, following the example and impulse to do good of their young queen. Now, out of the storm, life seemed smiling and good to them again. The land of the whole of Romania was full of riches coveted by famous powers and interests. Unexpected fortunes were made. In the 20s - keep partying! But the crowd of women was a little tired of just being pretty. It was time to relearn to be human: the war had left behind millions of orphans, invalids, the poor. As they had also gone through not a few hard days, all the ladies of the high society became more and more concerned with works of charity. Only a few years before, it did not even occur to them that there could be something useful around them other than balls and veils. Now they started on a different path: each one, ladies and young ladies, with wealth, with men in power or... with their simple will, did everything in their power to alleviate as much suffering as possible: canteens and dormitories, workshops, hospitals, dispensaries, entire villages helped, churches, orphanages, schools for boys and girls patronized - all brought and kept in working order by these women, true missionaries.   In Piatra-Neamț, after the war, the ASSOCIATION OF 1920 WOMEN'S CIRCLES became a branch, which became a daring project for the most prominent ladies of the county. For their good thought, we mention them now: Simona Lahovary - president of the national association. Neamţ county branch: Valentina Focșa - president, Emma Culmuschi and Eugenia I. Săvescu vice-presidents, Eugenia Niculescu-Dacu, Natalia Cuza and many others, with the help of their generous husbands and several warm-hearted priests. Among other things, this association raises "on Cozla Mică, in the place called "la Prăjină", a terrace-garden, with the aim of offering young gentlemen, sportsmen, hikers and tennis players "a snack and a refreshing drink" in that delightful view .   It is the place later called THE CIRCLE OF HOUSEWIVES TERACE. It's the stop most loved by anyone who hiked, with their parents when they were little, with their colleagues a little bit, with their girlfriend, and then... with their children. Who hasn't been in this enchanted meadow at least once? Who here stopped and didn't come back? What local does not smile nostalgically, when he looks, from anywhere, from below, at this beautiful, not hidden but mysterious place? Only the silent gazebo knows how much it has been through, resisting, sooner or later. But it survived anyway, because at its foundation is the good heart. Under the brow of the fir trees, the THE CIRCLE OF HOUSEWIVES RESTAURANT welcomes you today with the same welcoming smile. It has put on new festive clothes and is eagerly waiting for you. Any special moment, lived with your loved ones, will undoubtedly become our honor and joy. We strive to remind you of that forgotten time and the housewives of oldtimes. And here again, we carry the tradition forward. Because the hospitality of the people has no death. You're welcome!"
Parc Cozla, Piatra Neamț, Romania
5.0 2 reviews
The name of the fortress is mentioned by Ptolomeu in the work "Geographia" in the description of Dacia, where are listed 43 cities (fortresses). The archaeologist had discovered dacian artifacts at Bâtca Doamnei on a surface of almost 20000 square meters and had determined two levels of living: one dating from 2nd century, the other one corresponding to the period between 1st century BC and 1st century AC. Archaeological materials and also the few coins descovered at Bâtca Doamnei, made the resercher suppose that the settlement was founded in 2nd century BC but the growing period started in the next century continuing after. The end of the fortress was caused by a fire. Also a fire has ended the first fase of this settlements. It is hard to establish when these events took place. There is no reason to belive that this fortress had a different faith than the three geto-dacian fortresses on Siret river, that had great distruction after some events placed betwen 89 AC (year of ending peace of Decebal with Domișian) and 106 (ending of his wars with romans).
Cetatea Antica Petrodava, Strada Bâtca Doamnei, 617511, Romania
Neamţ Fortress is one of the most impressive medieval fortress from Romania. The fortress was part of the fortification system built in Moldova at the end of the 14th century, for defence against ottomans. This elegant and impressive fortress was built amongst Petru I and was fortified in 15th century by Ştefan the Great, giving orders that the fortress's walls to be raised with almost 6-7 metres and to build battlements and wide windows, through which fortress's defenders could watch and hit the enemies.
Strada Cetăţii, Târgu Neamț 615200, Romania
5.0 1 review
Geological, botanical and landscaping reservation, natural park Cheile Bicazului (Bicaz Gorges) – Hăşmaş is climber's paradise, having the most spectacular canyons from Romania, Cheile Bicazului (Bicaz Gorges). Calcareous Peak of Hăşmaş Mountain allowed spectacular development of karsts phenomenon (Cheile Bicaz, Cheile Bicăjelului, Cheile Şugăului). National Park Bicaz Gorges presents a great scientific interest from a geological, geomorphologic, paleontological, landscaping point of view and from the point of view of the diversity generated by the wide variety of geoclimatic conditions. Bicaz Gorges are well known in Romania because of their impressive sizes. Also, Lacul Roşu (Red Lake), formed by natural barrage of waters from Bicaz stream (1837), offers picturesque landscape.
DN12C, Romania
The educational institution known today as the "Calistrat Hogaş" National College writes its history as a place of light from the year 1885, when it existed in Piatra Neamţ, as it would indirectly result from the last documents revealed, the "Culture", a private primary and secondary institute for girls. Social life in the second half of the 19th century is marked by a strong feminist movement, which did not remain indifferent to women's right to access education and culture. In German education, this tendency would occupy a privileged place. The initiative of Mrs. Ivanovici (sister of the lawyer Gh. Lazu, former sub-prefect and prefect of Neamţ) resulted in the establishment of the institute, which also had a boarding school and which operated in the former houses of Maria Albu - the current headquarters of the Territorial Agency of School Camps and Tourism. Since 1889, the activity has been led by teacher Elisa Udrischi, a graduate of the Conservatory in Dresden, assisted by Gabriela Bitrou, a highly cultured young woman with secondary education in Austria. The teaching staff who taught at this girls' institute were among the best trained professionally, especially pedagogically. In the lower secondary course, worked teachers Ion Negre (the director of the gymnasium and then of the "Petru Rareş" High School), Gr. Sinescu, V. Vîleanu, Gr. Istrati, Er. Zaharia, N. Juravschi, all with university studies in the country and abroad. The beginning of the 20th century is characterized by a visible animation of the scientific, cultural and social-political life, the deep changes being reflected in the life of education. In 1901, Ion Negre left for Bucharest (as a liberal deputy in the Romanian Parliament), being replaced by Er. Zaharia, and the school existed until 1910, when Elisa Udrischi was called to Iasi to run a music school. In these conditions, Eugenia Popovici, with a degree in letters, and Valentina Focsa, with a degree in mathematics, established, in 1910, a preparatory course for girls for the third grade of secondary school, authorized by the Ministry of Public Instruction and Cults, with results whose quality she was known and recognized. Thus, in 1911, with the support of the German parliamentarians and with the authorization of C.C. Arion – minister in the conservative government led by P.P. Carp, the private secondary school for girls with the state education program was established in Piatra Neamţ. Transformed, in 1924, into the Eugenia Popovici – Valentina Focsa Girls' High School, the school fulfilled its mission of ensuring equal opportunities in access to instruction and education, illustrating the progress of Romanian education, marked, a year earlier, by the nationalization of schools. If until this historical moment, the studious girls had taken their high school equivalency exams at the "Petru Rareş" High School, the right to education, existing and fulfilled in the old and prestigious school from the end of the 19th century, acquires its well-deserved status. Nurtured by the enlightened desire of the teachers and the young offspring to fulfill themselves through knowledge, the school that we call today the "Calistrat Hogaş" National College has been in existence since 1885 and was founded in 1910. From here, since then, its history springs ceaselessly and quenches the thirst for learning of the generations it has raised. Source and additional information: www.calistrathogas.ro
Str. Alexandru cel Bun 19, Piatra Neamț 610004, Romania
"Petru Rareș" National College is a high school education institution in Piatra-Neamț, located on 4 Stefan cel Mare street, right in the heart of the city. It was and still is one of the most prestigious educational institutions in the city. In 1869, on November 27, the school was opened, with Ion Negre (the scientific part) and Calistrat Hogaș (the literary part) as teachers, the management being entrusted to the latter. The profile of this school being both classical (1869-1878) and real (1878-1897). The college building is a historical monument, registered in the list of historical monuments in Neamț County.
Piatra Neamț, Romania
The Piatra-Neamţ Forestry Technical College, an educational institution with old traditions in the field of forestry, is among the few in the country, ensuring with professionals both the internal human resources required (represented by the National Forestry Authority - ROMSILVA, the Neamţ Forest Directorate and economic agents from the field of wood processing) as well as the European one. Graduates of the Technical College easily found a job in the European Union thanks to the fields of training related to the basic training: salmon farming, landscaping, utilization of non-wood forest products, hunting, carpenters, furniture designers.
Piatra Neamț, Romania
2.5 4 reviews
Colibele Haiducilor ("Outlaws' huts"), a new object of tourist and citizen interest, were put into use in 1968. The construction work started in April and lasted until August, the investment value being 500,000 lei. "Located in a beautiful natural setting, on one of the terraces of the "Cozla" park, they consist of six huts with 8 seats each, a grotto where whole rams will be roasted and can be served in skewers, a rustic restaurant with 80 seats, plus a 20-seat bar, the terrace (courtyard) with 150 seats, an outlaw hut for keeping and serving wines in burnt clay jugs and a terrace with a view of the city center and the Bistriței Valley». The architect of "Colibelor haiducilor", Vasile Popovici, stated that the materials used were: wood and stone, and the roof was made of slate. "In the big hut, for example, the atmosphere of an outlaw stop is recreated. The outlaws came, dismounted, took the saddles from the horses, placed them around a log, entered the house and went about their business». Nicolae Săndescu, foreman at Group 2 of the Piatra Neamț construction site, said that "we tried to do a job of the best quality, so that when we come to the restaurant's tables as consumers, we will not be ashamed". Dumitru Frosin, director of TAPL Piatra Neamț, said in his turn: "The taraf led by Preda Isidor also contributes to the completion of the atmosphere. The singers have many outlaw musical pieces in their repertoire, and through their interpretation, I hope they will show a good artistic attitude, thus enjoying the warm appreciation of the consumers. I think that our new establishment will be very much in demand by consumers due to its outlaw character, with various culinary preparations from game, sheep, beef, poultry, mushrooms, cheeses. Also, the drinks will be of the best quality». Article published by A. Nanu and Tiberiu Uță in Ceahlăul newspaper (Sunday, September 8, 1968) and taken from www.mesagerulneamt.ro
Parc Cozla, 13 Codrului Street, Piatra Neamt, Romania, 610102
5.0 7 reviews
First documentary attestation of Royal Court of Piatra-Neamț shows in a document realeased in year 1491. The Royal Court from Piatra-Neamț had acomplished the duties of court of Moldova rulers until 17th century. Starting with year 2010, Royal Court Esembly had began a wide process of rehabilitation. The beautiful foundation of Ștefan the Great is still preserved today in Piatra-Neamț City beeing know as historic city center.  Located on a plateau around which it has developed the actual city, architectural complex is formed by "Saint Ioan Domnesc" Church, Bell Tower and the wall of the enclosure with the Royal Court Museum.
Muzeul Curtea Domnească, Piatra Neamț, Romania
The Stânişoara Mountains constitute a well-individualized unit within the Piatra-Neamţ city, including only their southern extremity. The main peak has a general NW-SE orientation, consistent with the geological structure. Marls, clayey and disodilic shales predominate here, sometimes covered by loessoid deposits. The same geological structure can be found on the Cârloman hill, the western extension of Cozla. The maximum altitude reaches 806 m in Prihodiște Peak.
Str. Bogdan Vodă, Piatra Neamț, Romania
Cernegura (821 m altitude) is the highest of the peaks surrounding the city of Piatra-Neamț and offers nature lovers several hiking trails with different access points. The mountain paths and the route marked in our application can be reached from the area of the Căprioara bridge or from the forest road that branches off from Aleea Tineretului, approximately 200 m before the entrance to the beach. Other access roads are in the area of Bâtca Doamnei village. Regardless of the option chosen, the well-trodden paths of Cernegura are easily accessible to hikers, the routes being generally of low difficulty 
Piatra Neamț, Romania
Located in the northern part of the city of Piatra-Neamț, Cozla Hill is an extension of the Stânișoara Mountains, part of the last step of the Carpathians. Cozla reaches a height of 657 meters at the point called "Three Hills" and 670 meters at "Three Buckets". The area at the base of Cozla Mountain is considered to be the hearth of the old "Târgu Pietrei", here being the highest population density for centuries, a fact that made Stephen the Great himself choose the place for the construction of the Royal Court at Piatra Neamț. On Cozla was the Cucutenian settlement located at the highest altitude known for this type of dwelling in the entire area of Moldova. At the end of the 19th century, mineral waters were discovered on this mountain, which represented, for a short time, an important attraction. This is also where paleontological discoveries were made for the first time in Romania. Today the mountain is known mainly for its hiking trails and tourist infrastructure: cable car, chairlift, ski slope.   THE GREAT AFFORESTATION OF COZLA HILL Cozla was reforested at the beginning of the 20th century, a few years after a natural disaster that marked the history of this mountain, but also of the city. "On the night of May 30-31, 1897, following heavy rains that lasted all that month, the mountain began to slide right from the top, slowly sliding downhill, covering all the people's homes under it, who, frightened, fled escaping only with his life, covering at the same time the largest part of the vacant place of the town hall, up to the street. When we saw this disaster the next morning, a pitiful spectacle presented itself to our eyes: the broken mountain formed huge cracks, ravines and deep chasms and an enormous mass of ground, mixed with rocks and uprooted trees" says Dimitrie Hogea, former mayor of the city (1914-1918) in the paper "From the past of the city of Piatra-Neamţ”. In 1901, when Nicu Albu became mayor, he decided to afforest the mountain and to build a park in order to stem the fury of the waters. For 3 years, hundreds of people worked to reforest the mountain, with firs and pines brought from Sinaia, from the Royal Greenhouses. The effort was considerable both for the actual plantings and for the care of the saplings, because during periods of drought the locals would carry buckets of water up the mountain to water them. The park with promenade areas, pavilion and buffet casino was then built, the official inauguration taking place with great pomp on August 15, 1904. Then Nicu Albu made the memorable statement "It was hard, but we defeated nature". The wooden buildings were located on the place where the "Colibele Haiducilor" restaurant is now, the first ones burning completely two decades after the inauguration. THE HEALING SPRINGS FROM COZLA In 1882, springs of chloride-sodium and sulphurous mineral waters were discovered on Cozla, studied at the time by Petru Poni and recommended for the treatment of digestive and circulatory ailments.   The initial discovery was made by chance. Visiting a patient in the Bordeie slum, Dr. Ștefan Predescu receives water for tasting from a natural pool formed near the host's house. The Doctor realizes that a saline mineral deposit had formed on the mountain and begins to survey the area to find a spring. 5 springs are thus discovered. A committee is set up to study the healing properties of the waters, after which the help of the scientist Petru Poni is requested. The results of the studies on the curative effectiveness of the waters being positive increases the interest in their exploitation.   Thanks to them, in 1889 the city was recognized as a spa resort. The mineral waters of Cozla were also appreciated on the occasion of the universal exhibition in Paris, from 1900, when a bronze medal was obtained. Although these waters attracted thousands of tourists to Piatra Neamţ, over time, irrational exploitation and landslides led to their clogging. COZLA PALEONTOLOGICAL RESERVE   The first Oligocene fossil fishes in Romania were discovered on Cozla and Pietricica in 1883-1885. Thus, the study of fossil fish on Cozla begins almost simultaneously with similar research in Western Europe.   In Piatra-Neamt and its surroundings, 4 fossiliferous areas have been identified: Cernegura, Pietricica, Cozla and Agârcia, for this reason the area is called the "Piatra Aquarium". On Cozla, in the rock layers made up of marl and sandstone conglomerates, fossil deposits of fish, with various species, were discovered. Their presence is due to the existence here 35 million years ago of the Paratethys sea, in which fish and shells characteristic of subtropical areas lived. The discovered fossils can be seen at the Museum of Natural Sciences in Piatra Neamț, which still holds the most valuable Oligocene fish collection in the country and one of the richest in Europe.   Due to the richness of the Oligocene deposits, the Cozla, Pietricica and Cernegura Mountains were declared paleontological reserves in 1971. The interest of researchers in the study of fossiliferous areas in Piatra-Neamț is still growing, including foreigners getting involved in research campaigns in the region. THE BUCKETS OF THE GIANTS, UNIQUE IN THE EASTERN CARPATIES Another element of uniqueness on Mount Cozla is the geological reserve located at the point with the maximum height (approximately 670 meters) called "Three Buckets", or "The Buckets of the Giants ". These are aeolian marmites, excavations with dimensions of several dozen centimeters (about 60 cm) created by the long action of the wind, in the conditions of a harsh and cold climate.
Piatra Neamț, Romania
5.0 1 review
The forest road starts from the The Tineretului Beach from Piatra-Neamț and climbs for 2-3 km towards the Cernegura Peak (821 m).
Piatra Neamț, Romania
The esplanade over the Cuejdi river is an important urban regeneration project carried out in the past by the leadership of the Piatra-Neamț City Hall. It is located in the city center, near the Neamț County Hospital.
Strada Orhei 1, Piatra Neamț 610112, Romania
4.57 7 reviews
This neo-Romanian style house was built in 1927 in the center of Piatra-Neamț. Until 2022, an international restaurant operated here, but it was closed in the meantime. The property has not yet been sold or rented to another beneficiary, but it can be admired from Paharnicul street (no. 3) where it is located.
Strada Paharnicului Nr.3, Piatra Neamt, Romania, 610011
The "Lascăr Vorel" Art Gallery is a small county museum located in the city center, near the Ceahlău Hotel. It was organized in 1993 and hosts exhibitions of contemporary artists. ACCESS IS FREE TIME SCHEDULE: Monday - Saturday 10:00-18:00 It is closed on Sunday.
Piatra Neamț, Romania
At Piatra Neamț, the first railway line was built to connect the city to Bacău under the law of May 15, 1882 and was put into operation on October 15, 1885. The first station of the city being currently called Gara Veche (located in the neighborhood of the same name). The Old Station building was built after the normalization of the Bacău – Piatra Neamț line was completed in 1893. Initially, the railway was built with a gauge of 1,000 mm., and the passenger building - inaugurated on February 15, 1885, was of the terminus type. Bringing the line to a normal gauge of 1,456 mm was carried out by engineer I. Bacalu from Piatra Neamț, and the works were led by engineer Romulus Băiulescu. The current Piatra-Neamț railway station was inaugurated on October 2, 1913 and is an important and valuable historical monument, being the work of the Italian entrepreneur Carol Zane, the one who also built other buildings in the city: the Theatre of Youth, the Precista Church, the Art Museum and the current headquarters of the Cucuteni Museum. A really important moment that had the CRF Piatra-Neamţ Station in the foreground was when the famous filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola was going to film here, in 2005-2006, several scenes from the movie "Youth without youth".
Strada Bistriței, Piatra Neamț, Romania
Nicu N. Albu (1853-1908) was an important Romanian businessman and politician - mayor, prefect, deputy, senator, honorary citizen (posthumously) of Piatra Neamț municipality (1996). The new public garden at the base of the Cozla hill, which will bear his name, is in the process of being completed in the space of the old zoo. This will become a valuable place dedicated to both the local community and tourists from the city.
Piatra Neamț, Romania
The Ancuței Inn is a well-known tourist inn located along one of the main European roads crossing Romania (E85), at a distance of 27 km from the Roman municipality and 40 km from the Piatra-Neamț municipality. As for location, it is in Tupilați commune. The inn was built at the beginning of the 18th century (year 1718, as it is written on the plaque placed at the entrance to the inn). It offered a stopping place for merchants traveling to Roman, Suceava or Iași. The Ancuței Inn became famous by placing here the action from the volume Hanu-Ancuței (composed of 9 stories), published in 1928 by the great Romanian writer Mihail Sadoveanu (1880-1961). Currently, the Ancuței Inn is one of the most visited restaurants in the county. It is also good to know that there are accommodation spaces here, but also that various private events or for the general public are organized.
E85, Hanul Ancuței, 707336, Romania
5.0 1 review
"LA CAIACE" is definitely an unmissable tourist activity! Opened on the shore of Bâtca Doamnei lake, La Caiace is a relatively new concept that put Piatra-Neamț on the list of cities that have unconventional spaces for relaxation and self-discovery. La Caiace is an outdoor space, arranged in the style of "nature friendly" spaces. It's that place where the locals, tourists, artists, athletes, photographers gather on beautiful days to spend some precious time away from the city. The concept itself proposes sports programs and unique events designed as an alternative for spending free time, educational, cultural, sports and relaxation activities. Once the heat sets in fully and the sun begins to show itself in all its glory, the watchword becomes outdoor. The "La Caiace" project is initiated by Maia Outdoor and the FII ACTIV Association, supporters of fun programs for children and parents, for those who want to conquer the park in front of the block, but also for those who aim for the highest peaks.
Ponton Bâtca Doamnei, Strada Bâtca Doamnei, Piatra Neamț, Romania
Lake Batca Doamnei is located at an altitude of 325 meters and is an important element of Piatra Neamt because, besides its protection purpose, it also offers wonderful views. From here, you can admire the panorama of the city and Ceahlau Mountain in all its splendor. Formed in 1962 by the Bistrita river barrier and lateral indigestion, on the left side, of a perimeter of the major riverbed, the Batca Doamnei Lake has an area of ​​235 ha, a maximum length of 3200 m, a maximum width of 1050 m and a maximum depth of 15.5 m. It is supplied with water from Izvoru Muntelui-Bicaz reservoir dam via the Stejaru Hydroelectric Water Supply Channel, to which is added the Doamna river, the right tributary of the lake and the old course of the Bistrita river which has a very low flow. Near the lake is Batca Doamnei hill, where are the ruins of Dacian Fortress from Batca Doamnei. Lake Batca Doamnei, alongside the Pangarati and Vaduri lakes, is a special area for birds moving on the Eastern Carpathian Migration Corridor and is an important link in preserving biodiversity and natural habitats for the entire eastern area of ​​the European continent. The lake, thanks to the large surface, offers winter conditions for a large number of birds. In November, on Batca Doamnei Lake, there are specimens of large cormorant that pop out here during migration.
Bâtca Doamnei, Romania
Lacul Cuejdel este cel mai mare lac de baraj natural din țară și unul din cele mai tinere, fiind format în urma unor alunecări masive de teren, pe o suprafață de aproximativ 35 ha în urmă cu aproximativ trei decenii. Alunecările de teren succesive s-au produs între anii 1978 -1991, cauzele fiind precipitațiile abundente și un cutremur de pământ. Date fiind structura rocilor din zonă și înclinația mare a pantei, nu este exclus ca în viitor să se producă și alte fenomene și să continue formarea de lacuri. Lacul are o suprafaţă de 12 ha, 1 km lungime, 102 m lăţimea medie şi aproximativ 7,5 m adâncime. Datorită formei sale mai este numit şi Lacul Crucii. Pitorescul peisajelor și sălbăticia locurilor fac din acest colț de rai o atracție pentru toți iubitorii de natură și de călătorii, dar mai ales pentru pasionații de fotografie. În anul 2004 zona a fost declarată arie protejată de interes național. Rezervația Naturală Lacul Cuejdel cuprinde luciul de apă și suprafețe forestiere adiacente. Rezervația se află pe teritoriul Ocolului Silvic Gârcina și este administrată de Direcția Silvică Neamț. E bine de știut că în rezervație sunt interzise camparea, focul deschis, pescuitul sportiv. De asemenea, în prezent nu mai este permis accesul auto până la lac, dar sunt posibile oricând drumeții pe jos sau cu bicicleta. Recomandările privind comportamentul turiştilor se regăsesc şi pe panouri informative. În cazul grupurilor organizate mai mari de 10 persoane trebuie solicitat un aviz de acces de la Ocolul Silvic Gârcina. (tel/fax: 0233242270 sau e-mail: gircina@neamt.rosilva.ro) La Lacul Cuejdel se poate ajunge pe cel puțin două trasee, distanţa de la Piatra-Neamţ până la lac fiind de aproximativ 25 de km. Cel mai cunoscut traseu este cel prin comuna Gârcina, sat Cuejdiu. De la bariera unde se poate lăsa mașina se ajunge la lac în aproximativ o oră – o oră și jumătate, traseul fiind marcat şi destul de ușor de parcurs. A doua variantă este prin comuna Crăcăoani, traversând satele Magazia și Cracăul Negru. Acest traseu poate fi parcurs atât pe jos cât şi cu bicicleta. 
Lacul Cuejdel, Romania
Nicknamed the "Sea of the Mountains", Izvorul Muntelui from Neamț county is the largest human-made lake on the inland rivers of Romania and the only inland lake on which "Navy Day" is celebrated. The lake is about 35 km long, at the foot of the Ceahlău Massif, the volume of water supported by the impressive dam built in the 1950s-1960s can reach up to 1250 million cubic meters.
Lake Izvorul Muntelui, Romania
Porcului lake on Cozla hill is actually a small pond fed by the rains, where the animals of the forest water. Deer tracks can often be seen on the shore, but wild boars are most likely to come here as well. Most likely from them comes the name of the lake. This lake is surrounded by a beautiful beech forest and is located on the approved route "Three Căldări" from Piatra-Neamț. Photo via www.bloguldecalatorii.ro 
Lacul Porcului, Romania
The Red Lake (Lacul Roșu) is a natural dam lake formed by the collapse of a slope due to the earthquake on January 23, 1838, with a magnitude of 6.9. It is located at the foot of Hășmașul Mare Mountain, near the Gorges of Bicaz, at the intersection of Neamț and Harghita counties, at a distance of 10 km from Bicaz-Chei (Neamț) and 26 km from Gheorgheni (Harghita). The Red Lake also became an important tourist resort over time. The surroundings of the lake have a pleasant microclimate, particularly beneficial for treating states of physical and mental exhaustion, insomnia, neurasthenia. The multiannual average temperature is 8°C, above the 6°C average of intramontane depressions. The valley is practically protected from the winds, the air is particularly clean, rich in natural aerosols. The picturesque surroundings offer excellent conditions for those looking for sources of rapid natural regeneration. 
Gyilkos-tó, Románia, Lacu Roșu 535502, Romania
The Reconstrucția Lake is located in the city of Piatra-Neamț, in the immediate vicinity of the Căprioara Bridge. It was man-made in the 60s along with the dam of the same name, with an area of 10 ha and a volume of about 250,000 m3. From here, the Bistrita hydrotechnical channel separates, which continues in the direction of Bacău..
Aleea Brazilor 30, Piatra Neamț, Romania
5.0 1 review
The Bâtca Doamnei Lake in Piatra-Neamț, to which are also added those from Pângărați and Vaduri (towards Bicaz), have over time become main weekend attractions both for tourists visiting the area and for locals alike, thanks to its beauty species of birds that can be found here: the mute swan or the red-billed swan, to which are also added the mallard, the corcodella and other migratory birds. The mentioned lakes are located on the middle course of the Bistrița river and offer, along with the favorable climate and rich trophic resources, favorable wintering conditions for these migratory waterfowl species of the eastern Carpathian corridor. The migration of swans on the lakes in the area begins in October and ends in March at the latest, but some specimens choose not to leave, being able to be admired throughout the year.
Piatra Neamț, Romania
The mission of an arts high school is not limited to the sharing of knowledge and skills. Such a vocational school aims to train personalities who, through a selection based on talent, assiduous study and obvious results, can live the art and make it loved by people. The need for a school with an artistic profile seemed natural, in Piatra-Neamț, after 1990. The city between the mountains and all the surroundings of Neamţ had rich folklore and literary traditions, publicly visible since the end of the 19th century. The famous conductor Sergiu Celibidache had started from Roman, from Piatra-Neamț the avant-garde painter Victor Brauner, the landscape artist Iulia Hălăucescu and, later, the well-known soprano Elena Botez (returned as a formidable singing teacher to her hometown, after the end of concert activities on the big scenes). Since the 1970s, however, a popular art school has operated in exactly the same building where the high school is located today, a school that adequately covered the vocational needs of students and young people in the area.  The High School of Arts in Piatra-Neamţ, therefore, was founded on September 1, 1991, with its headquarters in Strada Peneş Curcanul no. 6, but operating, in the absence of other available rooms, in buildings from various other high schools (The "Calistrat Hogaș" National College, The Technical College "Gheorghe Cartianu"). The name of the school unit was changed in 2004 (April 24), from "Art High School, Piatra-Neamţ" to "Victor Brauner Art High School", and from September 1, 2012 to "Victor Brauner Art High School", Piatra-Neamt". Today, the high school has 4 buildings located in three building bodies, within which the type of education offered to the children is harmonized with the vocational dimension. Thus, Building "A", from Peneş Curcanul str., no. 6 includes a number of 30 offices (for individual courses) and 3 classrooms (for collective courses) in which music students are trained, guided by 45 teaching staff, most of them tenured, with all teaching degrees given, some Methodists, some master's students, doctoral students or holders of the PhD title. The studio hall "Theodor Macarie" (with 120 seats, arranged downstairs and on the balcony) works both as a concert hall and as a hall for festivities. In these spaces, the sections carry out their activities: instrumental interpretation, vocal interpretation (classical canto), folklore (popular instruments and traditional Romanian canto). In the instrumental section, a number of 15 instruments of the symphony orchestra are studied (piano, violin, viola, cello, double bass, guitar, flute, oboe, clarinet, saxophone, bassoon, trumpet, horn, trombone, percussion) as well as 3 instruments of the Romanian traditional music (pan flute, cymbal, accordion). The general culture subjects are studied in the 2 wings of Building "B", located on Bd. Decebal, no. 48. They have a number of 8 classrooms, including ICT laboratory, methodical office, medical office, library (with over 9,000 volumes), gymnasium. High school students work in them under the guidance of 28 competent teachers (most with first and second degrees, two with PhDs). The students are divided into 20 classes: 1 preparatory class, 4 primary education classes (music), 8 secondary education classes (visual arts classes and music classes, one for each level), 8 high school education classes (4 visual arts classes and 4 music classes, same as in secondary school, one each of each level).The students carry out their activity during a day in 2 shifts. The activity of the specializations in visual arts takes place in Building "C" in Alexandru cel Bun street no. 2, a heritage building that includes a number of 7 workshops in which students are trained in groups, under the guidance of 8 teachers. The "visual arts" specialization includes the sections: monumental art, easel painting, clothing design, printing, sculpture.   Source and additional information: www.liceulbrauner.ro
Strada Peneș Curcanul 6, Piatra Neamț, Romania
5.0 1 review
The monastery is located on the valley of the stream Agapia and is surrounded everyway by high mountains and secular forests and on the bottom by orchard, flowers gardens that adorn nuns yards and houses creating a unique landscape. Agapia Monastery is adorned with painted saints made by Nicolae Grigorescu between years 1858-1861.
DN15F, Agapia 617010, Romania
5.0 1 review
Bistriţa Monastery located in village Bistriţa was built before year 1407 by ruler Alexandru cel Bun of Moldova (1400-1432), that also had endowed with villages, estates and expensive scents. In year 1498, Ştefan the Great built a bell tower. In year 1546, Petru Rareş had restored the monastery and built a surrounding wall. In year 1554 Alexandru Lăpuşneanu had completely restored the monastery. In year 1418 is buried at Bistriţa Monastery Lady Ana (Neacşa) and beside her, in year 1432, is buried the ruler Alexandru cel Bun.
DJ155H, Bistrița, Romania
Neamţ Monastery is a monk orthodox monastery, located in village Vânători Neamţ. The monastery is certified in year 1407 but the roots are from 12th century. The monastery was built by Petru I Muşat(1375-1391), that built the first stone church, today vanished but on the same location existed a small wooden church, called White Church, built by monks a century before. The present church from monastery's precinct was founded by ruler Ştefan the Great at the end of 15th century.
Mănăstirea Neamț 617502, Romania
5.0 1 review
The Pietricica Monastery bears the titular saint "Transfiguration in the Face of God" and is a monastery of monks founded in 1994. The community consists of 6 believers, the abbot being Father Neofit Amariea.
Strada Schitului 17, Piatra Neamț, Romania
The Secu Monastery is a hearth of spiritual life whose age is almost 500 years. On the feudal domain of the Neamț Citadel, on the valley of the Secu river, around the year 1500, a group of hermits settled who, in time, founded in 1530 under the leadership of Hieroschimonach Zosima, a monk from the Neamț Monastery, the hermitage with the same name: Zosima's Hermitage . Ruler Petru Rareș built the church of the Zosima Hermitage on the site of the current church of the monastery cemetery. The hermitage was fenced with a stone wall in 1550 by Elena, the voivode's wife, and her sons, a small part of which is still preserved at the entrance to the monastery, next to the current church of the cemetery, where the entrance gate to the hermitage was and its bell tower. The same ruler Petru Rares, in his first reign, strengthened his control over the lands that belonged to the estate of the Neamț Fortress, donating these lands for the use of the monks from the valley of the Secu river. Bishop Melchisedec Ștefănescu, speaking about the beginnings of the Secu Monastery, recalls that until 1910 there was on the wall of the monastery bell tower, in the niche where there is now a fresco of St. John the Baptist, the original painting from the church built by Voivode Petru Rares, painting which was damaged by grinding due to the harshness of the times. During the time of voivodes Alexandru Lăpușneanul (1552-1561 and 1564-1568), Petru Șchiopu (1574-1579) and Aron Tiranul (1591-1595), the Zosima Hermitage received some donations for the use and maintenance of the hermit monks from these places. Towards the end of the 16th century, the Hermitage of Zosima experienced a special development, especially from an economic point of view: private grants are now supplemented with royal grants and confirmations, and the name of Abbot Dosoftei, one of Zosima's disciples, is often mentioned in the reasons for being close to the oldest and most powerful monks from the Neamț Monastery.
DJ157F, Vânători-Neamț 617500, Romania
5.0 2 reviews
It is the biggest nuns monastery from Romania, founded by nun Olimpiada in year 1785.
Văratec 617013, Romania